Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wiener League Opening Ceremonies & First Ball Game

This past weekend was opening ceremonies for wiener league and Oakley's very first ball game!  He was so excited all morning, but when he got there and saw the HUGE crowd, he was not so sure about playing ball.  When it was time for his team to go out on the field he would not go unless Daddy went with him.  After the ceremonies were over we had about an hour before his game so we ran to the store.  On the way Oakley kept telling us he didn't want to go back to the ballpark and play ball.  Jason and I couldn't believe it!  That is all he has been talking about and he has been so excited about it!  Then we realized that he thought that all those people were still going to be there and that he was going to have to be out on the field in front of them.  We reassured him that it would not be like that for the game and that it would be just like practice, but with another team there.  He seemed okay with that and once we got back to the ball field he was fine and ready to play!!  What can I say...my little man does NOT like big crowds, but he sure liked playing his first ballgame!!

Out on the field after they introduced his team!

This was the only look I could get out of him at the opening ceremonies...I couldn't get him to crack a smile for anything!

First time up to bat.


I think he ran the whole way with his tongue sticking out!! (Funny thing is I caught a picture of Avery doing the same thing at her last ballgame!)

Oakley & Evan - always by each others side!

The huddle at the end of the game!

2 comments:

Katie said...

He reminds me so much of myself when I was little! I wanted nothing to do with big crowds and if I had to do something I wanted you, dad, or mom to be with me. lol

Lisa said...

I'm not real sure how Oakley could see when he was running........his helmet looked like it was completly over his eyes. Reminds me of Allie. Finally, this is the third year playing and she can now halfway keep her helmet up! I bet he's going to love baseball.