Sunday, February 14, 2016

February Days

Another week in February has come and gone.  With Valentine's Day this week and Spirit week at school, it has been a fun, but busy one.

 Lazy Sunday mornings can be such a blessing sometimes.  Can you believe I was on this couch too until I got up to take the picture?!  These girls sure love to cuddle with their Daddy.  I can't say that I blame them! ;)

For spirit week, students had to dress like they were 100 one day.  Avery wore her hair in rollers with a robe and house shoes.  I think she will be one cute 100 year old some day.

Lakelyn loves to floss her teeth.  Now if I can just get her to quit pulling off a whole yard of dental floss to do it!

This was 80's day for Spirit week.  Now that is something I can do well!  haha!  You can't really tell in this picture, but I have Avery's hair teased and "winged" out on both sides. 

 They were so proud of their Valentine's Day boxes.  Lake said she didn't want her's to look like anyones, and she wanted to come up with it on her own!  Oakley wanted to make sure he had the
 Seahawks logo on his.  He drew it on with an ink pen and I think he did a pretty good job!  That kid loves everything about football.  He is a boy after his Daddy's own heart!  I loved hearing them watch and talk football together this past season.  A few more seasons and I may even know enough to join in on the conversations.  Avery made a monkey with a pink heart belly button for her box!  Thank goodness for all those scrapbooking supplies I never use anymore!

 This is not the best picture.  I took it in a rush to catch the moment before it was gone and I didn't check my settings.  Even so, I still love the story it tells.  Lake has a love hate relationship with Valentine's Day chocolate.  She has such a sweet tooth and loves most chocolate, but hates the ones filled with pink or orange.  She was inspecting this piece to see if she could determine the inside before she bit into it.  Needless to say, she bit it and quickly spit it out...it was orange.

Saturday's we are busy with basketball.  Avery played her heart out in this game.  They ended up losing in overtime, but they played hard.  She has also really improved on her free throws this year!  I think Jason has enjoyed getting to sit back and just watch her games.  This is the first year he hasn't coached her team since she began playing in Kindergarden.  

No comments: